CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machinist
TEG are a specialist engineering services company providing tailor made solutions to the aviation, biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industries around the globe. The industries we operate in, whilst very different, all require the same engineering capabilities to service their needs. These capabilities are Design, Metrology, CAM, CNC Machining (milling, EDM & turning), Fabrication, Bending, Forming, Surface Treatments and Assembly.Overseeing these capabilities is a rigorous Quality Management System (QMS) which is regularly audited by outside bodies such as the Irish Aviation Authority, European Aviation Safety Agency and Lloyds Register. A vacancy exists for a CNC Machinist who will join the existing Team located in Mullingar. Applicant should be dedicated, motivated, a self-starter, willing to take on a new challenge. The position is 2 cycle shift.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Precision machining a wide range of component parts, tools and fixtures, using a wide range of materials and equipment/machine tools
- Program and operate CNC and manual machine tools, small hand tools, power tools & test/inspection equipment whilst ensuring health & safety provisions are strictly adhered to
- Comply with all new product documentation and process control procedures including CNC program control and fixture documentation
- Ensure components and finished products consistently meet design specifications and highest engineering and quality standards
- Must have knowledge and experience of using CNC
- Experience of working within a Precision Engineering or Pharmaceutical/Aerospace Manufacturing environment is desired.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Problem solving / decision making ability
- Ability to read, understand, complex engineering drawings
- Methodical, analytical and precise
- Inspection and testing knowledge desired
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious/thorough approach to assigned tasks.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Be highly organised with ability to manage their own work in a demanding environment
- Be flexible, proactive, show initiative, teamwork & commitment
- Knowledge of Health and safety in the work place
- Have experience in using CAD/CAM
- Knowledge in programming and machining 4-axis and 5-axis a distinct advantage
- Adhering to high quality standards and lean manufacturing processes
TEG offers a very competitive pensionable salary and is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position and joining an exciting, expanding company, operating to the highest quality standards please complete the form below.
Fill in your details and a member of our sales team will call you back.